Creative Coding Club!
Computer Programming, Animation & Game Design
Students will learn the fundamentals of computer programming while creating a variety of fun gaming, art, and music programs. No previous Scratch experience necessary. Experienced Scratchers will take it to the next level with new concepts and game designs.
Ages 7 – 11 (2nd - 5th grade)
Register via San Rafael Rec.
See instructions at right to register.
Scratch was developed at MIT and is funded by the National Science Foundation, Microsoft, Google and Intel. It runs on both Windows and Mac operating systems and is very easy to download, install and use. Learn more at http://scratch.mit.edu/
Questions? Contact Instructor Alfia Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-860-2573
Alfia's Scratch Page | NorthMarinScratch Student Page
Instructions to register are below. If the eplay service is down, please call in at 415-485-3333.
Fall 2014 sessions - Two 6-week sessions with instructor Alfia Wallace
- Dixie School: Mondays (Flyer) 2:35 - 3:35 pm
Session 1: 9/15 - 11/3 (no class 10/13, 10/20)
Session 2: 11/10 - 12/15
- Vallecito School: Tuesdays (Flyer) 2:35 - 3:35 pm
Session 1: 9/16 - 10/28 (no class 10/14)
Session 2: 11/4 - 12/16 (no class 11/11)
- Mary Silveira School: Wednesdays (Flyer) 1:25 - 2:25 pm
Session 1: 9/17 - 10/29 (no class 10/15)
Session 2: 11/5 - 12/17 (no class 11/26)
How to Register Online via San Rafael Rec's ePlay website:
(Coleman School now has after school Scratch taught by the wonderful Kela Cabrales! Those interested can also register using the instructions below but the sessions details may be different.)
- Visit the ePlay homepage at https://eplay.livelifelocally.com/
- Click on the large blue "Click here to Begin Registration" button
- In the left navigation column, click on the "Afterschool Enrichment" Category
- Click on the "Computers" subcategory
- Find your student's school's sessions and pay online